Skip to main content

Ending America’s Forever Wars

By: Sal Rodriguez
The OC Register

(Official White House Photo by Shealah Craighead)

"Over the past two decades, the United States has found itself in a state of perpetual war."

U.S. wars in Afghanistan (with spillover into Pakistan) and Iraq have directly killed between 480,000 and 507,000 people, according to the Costs of War Project out of Brown University. Indirect deaths only add to this steep toll.


Then of course there have been other interventions — there have been drone attacks in countries including Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen.

Among the victims of our government’s drone campaigns: Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, a 16-year-old American citizen.



He was killed at a restaurant in Yemen in 2011 in an attack ordered by the president who got a Nobel Peace Prize.

Go figure.

/u/DeezyTaughtYouWell, via: /r/libertarian

In the case of Yemen, the U.S. has for too long supported a Saudi-led coalition’s intervention in that country’s civil war.

Read more at The OC Register.

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...
–––As Featured On–––