Skip to main content

Top 100 List of Libertarian Blogs and Websites Massively Updated (Forty-Four Websites Leaving / Joining The List!)



This is by far, the most massive update of the Top 100 Libertarian Blogs and Websites list here at The Humble Libertarian.

A Robust Top 100 List

I can't decided if I'm more embarrassed that the list was in such disrepair that it required such a massive overhaul, or more excited that the list is now so incredibly robust --better than ever before.

I'm probably most excited that the libertarian presence on the World Wide Web is now stronger than it has ever been. When I first made this list in 2009, I extensively researched what was out there, and I'm telling you, there are so many new blogs and websites, so many fantastic resources. We've come a long way in four years.

How did I find room for forty-four new libertarian blogs and websites?

I removed any blogs or websites that were no longer updating. There were a few of these. Sorry. I won't let this list get that dated again. I also removed several entries that allowed an organization to "double dip" on the list, by which I mean, I had previously linked to both The Cato Institute's main website and their blog, Cato at Liberty. I had done the same for The Independent Institute, The Mises Institute, (et al.). There are now just too many other good libertarian websites out there to allow the list to remain this "thin." Finally, several blogs and websites simply had to go to make room for better, more relevant ones, with higher quality libertarian content. There was also at least one blog that had to go because its proprietor has gone off the rails into nothing recognizably libertarian.

I also removed the numbers from the list to emphasize that it's not an ordered ranking, just a list. Don't read too much into the order.

An Awkward Top 100 List

This list isn't just more robust with more links to more resources of higher quality. It's a much more awkward list. Every previous incarnation of the list was filtered through my own biases against certain kinds of libertarians whom I didn't wish to promote.

It made for a weaker list.

The truth is, I don't think I was ever qualified to have such strong biases, not without listening to the people I would prefer to keep off the list and off my blog first. Now I'm listening.

What kind of libertarian am I? I don't know. What strategy is most effective to spread libertarianism? I don't know. Do I have to pick just one?

If the list is going to be more robust, it has to be more complicated. It has to be more awkward. There are all different kinds of libertarian blogs and websites on the list promoting all different kinds of libertarian ideas and strategies. Some of them don't like each other. A few readers might chafe to see an entry on the list that they consider too radical or on the fringe. Others might shake their head at entries that they consider too mainstream, strategically ineffective, or watered down.

I don't want to ignore or run away from these tensions in libertarianism. I want to embrace them.

The Forty-Four Newcomers to The List

(Someone should probably punch me in the face for not including some of these sooner.)


The Dollar Vigilante

Freedom's Phoenix

Stefan Molyneux's Freedomain Radio

InfoWars

The Daily Anarchist

TomWoods.com

Bleeding Heart Libertarians

Jeffrey Tucker's Laissez Faire Book Club

Silver Circle Underground

Spatial Orientation

AntiWar.com

Zero Hedge

LearnLiberty.org

Glenn Greenwald

The Daily Bell

Tenth Amendment Center

Future of Freedom Foundation

/r/Libertarian

Tea Party Economist

Mike Church

Peter Schiff's SchiffRadio.com

Free Keene

FreedomWorks

Ron Paul Forums

The Blaze

Pat Buchanan

Jerry Doyle

Bastiat Institute

The Goldwater Institute

Cop Block

The Scott Horton Show

Matt Taibbi

Max Keiser

The Economic Collapse Blog

The Libertarian Standard

Walt Williams

Casey Research

The Bottom Line by Jan Helfeld

We Are Change

Institute for Liberty and Democracy

The Ron Paul Curriculum

The Libertarian Republic

The Skeptical Libertarian

Everything Voluntary 

---

Check out the list to see who remained.

Leave a comment here if you'd like to point out any blog or website that I'm missing which you think should really be included on the list.



Popular posts from this blog

Barack Obama Tattoos

With Barack Obama's approval ratings still at a solid 62%, I became suddenly curious to know how popular the 44th U.S. President really is. Are people so enamoured with President Obama that I could do a quick Google search and turn up some photos of people with permanent tattoos of Obama inked into their very skin? Oh yeah. It's that bad. Below are ten examples of Barack Obama tattoos (some decent, some pretty awful). PS: As a control, I decided to Google "bush tattoos." I found only two examples in the first couple pages, and they were decidedly anti-Bush. I also learned to never, ever Google "bush tattoos" again. Seriously. Don't. There are some gross tattoos out there. In the interests of full disclosure, I must admit that I am not a fan of President Obama . But I've got to say that the tattoos above aren't nearly as bad as this: Editor's note: The pictures are linked to their respective sources. To view the source pages, simply click

Legal Marijuana On The Michigan Ballot for 2018

A Michigan ballot initiative to legalize recreational marijuana received enough valid signatures to qualify for a vote in November. When the required number of ballot signatures was certified by the State Board of Canvassers, the 4-0 decision of the board was met by cheers from supporters of the initiative who were present, the Detroit Free Press reports . Rick Thompson, a board member of the Michigan National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), put this ballot initiative in perspective as a matter of the State of Michigan safeguarding its own sovereignty and protecting its own citizens from an intrusive federal policy: "The people of Michigan deserve this. They earned it. We've faced many trials and tribulations. We've had so many stop and go signs from the federal government. That's why states have to take the reins on the issue and really be the crucibles of democracy that they've always been intended to be." Indeed the last time

Roll With The Changes

REO Speedwagon
–––As Featured On–––