Skip to main content

How can this guy NOT support Ron Paul???

Ok please read this entire post by a frustrated Erick Erickson at RedState.com yesterday and tell me how it's possible for him to understand what he clearly understands, to say what he's saying in this post, and yet not endorse Ron Paul for the Republican Party's nomination? He clearly sees that neither Newt Gingrich, nor Mitt Romney have a chance against Obama in a general election. Everything he's saying in this post sounds like an overture to a Ron Paul endorsement. Am I out of my mind, or can you see what I'm seeing here?

I'm sitting here hesitating on how to complete this blog post because I'm so tempted to quote bits from the Erickson piece, but I'm just not going to let myself do it and give you any excuse not to go read the entire thing. Do it. Just see for yourself. By the second to last paragraph my heart was racing and my mind was screaming: "Is this happening? Am I about to read a Ron Paul endorsement in the final paragraph!?" It's like a post written with all the substantive reasons why a Republican politico bent on victory in November might endorse Ron Paul, but without the actual endorsement. Someone tell Erick the solution is blindingly obvious. Endorse Ron Paul!




Wes Messamore,
Editor in Chief, THL
Articles | Author's Page

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...
–––As Featured On–––