Skip to main content

A Federal Reserve Rant that won't fit on a notepad

I did an occupy-style notepad rant recently as an example for our notepad rant contest announced yesterday, but after reading this article, it was time to put down the sharpie and start typing. This rant will not fit on a notepad:

The title of the article mentioned above is “Bernanke Says That Any Criticism Of The Federal Reserve Is Based On ‘Misconceptions.’” Oh really? So the Federal Reserve is absolutely perfect then? There is not a single thing wrong with it or how it’s run? Every act of the Federal Reserve during its century-long history has been a 100% success without blemish or flaw, and anybody who says otherwise just doesn’t understand?? It is precisely this mentality, and the public’s general acceptance of it, that has allowed the Federal Reserve and a complicit government in Washington to continue to perpetrate the central banking fraud against the American people.

It is the mentality that economics is some sort of esoteric discipline shrouded in the aura of an untouchable scientific expertise. Its arcane wisdom is the purview of a privileged (and of course, well-credentialed) few who understand what the rest of us cannot. Men like Ben Bernanke, Tim Geithner, and Paul Krugman are modern oracles, unquestionable and irrefutable. They understand and we do not. If we disagree with them, that just shows that we just don’t understand. Never mind trying to help us understand. Never mind explaining, with plain reason, just how the policies of the Federal Reserve are economically beneficial to us (much less how its policies are not morally dubious). “Just trust us. We’re really smart guys. We have economics degrees.”

Read the rest of my rant at The Silver Underground.




Wes Messamore,
Editor in Chief, THL
Articles | Author's Page

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...
–––As Featured On–––