Skip to main content

One Announcement: Traveling Next Week, Get Whitelisted So Your Comments Show Up

Hello faithful readers! Just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be leaving the country again next week and plan on taking a one week media fast to get my head clear and prepare for some big projects to come!

Contingent upon my productivity this weekend, the level of content next week should remain pretty normal, but moderation of comments that are caught by the spam filter will be sporadic, infrequent, or non-existent... probably non-existent until the following week.

I know, I know: I won't be here for the 10 year anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. Exactly. I'll enjoy the sights around me and be glad that I'm not back in America glued to my laptop and television listening to the incoherent ramblings of 9-11 Truthers, whose arguments are rivaled in their vapidity only by the pretended patriotism of warfare statist agitators who would bleed this great nation dry of its wealth and its most able young people to satisfy their own thirst for blood, glory, and profit.

Besides, a fellow adventurer offered me an opportunity to wander overseas again that I just could not refuse.

So if you'd like to have your comments automatically white listed so that they will not trip the spam filter, please sign up for an account at IntenseDebate, then leave your IntenseDebate username in the comments on this post. I'll white list them all before I leave.

Why have I been so stuck with wanderlust this year? Because when you travel to foreign places, you learn anything you're trying to learn ten times faster. Your food tastes ten times better. The idea of doing the hard parts of the work you love sounds so much sweeter. You grow and reexamine yourself in a way that is impossible at home. You are faced with new situations that teach you things you might have never learned otherwise.

We libertarians are part of a global movement to capture the hearts and minds of the entire world. It's worth getting out there to see and understand it, especially since getting out there helps us see and understand ourselves differently. And also... you get to ride plaster sphinxes on imperial palace grounds.



Wes Messamore,
Editor in Chief, THL
Articles | Author's Page

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...
–––As Featured On–––