Here is a poem that I wrote some time back that I thought I'd share.“Wax and Wane”
by Eric Sharp
Wax and wane
death and pain
tyranny falls like iron rain
light & liberty prevails
but darkness never rests
all part of the wax & wane
a cycle of freedom & chains
Where do we stand now?
Is Liberty reasserting or
are we on the verge of a
hegemony more
villainous that the 20th Century
dictators & monarchs of olde?
Which way is the cycle turning?
What force most vibrantly churning?
What ideas are burning?
Perhaps we are learning
Whether the world is
Waxing or waning
Liberty draining
Tyranny pulsing in the
Hearts of mortal men? Or will freedom become
More than fries?
A way of life
A philosophical underpinning
An ultimate fundamental Teetering on Katana’s edge
The razor cuts my boots Fall or rise
Truth or lies
Choose the tides! The bridge is out
Rebuild it quick
Been deceived by a smile
So very slick Truth or lies
Truth or lies
Open your eyes!
Assert your property rights
Resist slavery
Don’t let anyone forget
YOU OWN YOUR BODY.
American roulette
It’s a revolution of
Heart & mind
Defame the central planners
Spontaneous order is the
Only command I follow.
Eric Sharp,
Regular Columnist, THL
Articles Author's Page

