Skip to main content

Gary Johnson's New Advocacy Group: Our America Initiative Launches!

In my interview one week ago with two-term New Mexico Governor, Gary Johnson, he announced his new website OurAmericaInitiative.com would be ready very soon.

Mr. Johnson said the site could be active within 24 hours, which didn't happen. So in the past week, people have been getting anxious for the website to go online and I was getting e-mails like this one:

Hey Wes,

Great job on the Gary Johnson podcast [listen here]. You posted it a few days ago, but I see that (at least for me ... ) Gary Johnson's 5014c website, ouramericainitiative.com is not up (it actually asks me for a password). Any update?

Thanks,
Luke


Well folks, your wait is over: the site is active! Here's the description from Our America Initiative's About Page:

"America is in a crisis that affects the future of every citizen in our land. There is no THEY poised and ready to swoop in to protect our liberties and restore what has been taken. There is YOU and there is ME. We alone have to shoulder the burden of advancing the cause of freedom in our nation. Each of us has a role and a duty to perform because it’s OUR America. The time is now. The price of our liberty will only get higher the longer we delay.

Mission Statement: OUR America Initiative seeks to broaden the parameters of the public policy debate of current topics in the national arena. We look to enlighten the population about civil liberties, free enterprise, limited government, and traditional American values. It is our aim to increase the amount of discussion and involvement regarding all-important issues.

The OUR America Initiative is a 501c4 political advocacy committee and may receive unlimited donations from both individual and corporate donors. Gary Johnson is not a current candidate for any federal political office."


Can't wait to see what comes of this!

And oh yeah- in 2012: Run, Gary, RUN!!

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...
–––As Featured On–––