Skip to main content

How To Start, Organize, and Promote Your Own Tea Party Protest



As a follow up to my article entitled "The American Tea Party 2009: Goals, Objectives, and Principles," I have authored a guest post over at ReTeaParty.com entitled (you guessed it) "How To Start, Organize, and Promote Your Own Tea Party Protest."

At least one commentator here (wink: TennZen) expressed interest in starting a local Tea Party, and another (that means you, Dave!) has opined once or twice that there isn't a Tea Party protest within driving distance of him (step it up PA residents... they wrote and adopted the Declaration of Independence in your state!). So I figured it might help to fan the flames of activism for liberty if I wrote a step by step guide to help people know where to get started.

There are a lot of resources out there and a lot of people coming together who want you to be successful at protesting our government's abuses (and you can count me among them), so if you decide to get a protest started in your area you are not alone! A good start would be to visit ReTeaParty.com and give my article a read.

----------

ReTeaParty.com visitors...

Welcome to The Humble Libertarian!

We feature news and unique commentary on current events and politics within the context and framework of a robust, unified, and coherent philosophy of government and its proper role in a civil society.

If you want to get a good feel for the writing here and you are as outraged by the "Stimulus" Package as I am, here are some great places to start:

The American Tea Party 2009: Goals, Objectives, and Principles
7 Reasons Why The Stimulus Package Will Be Very Bad For America
A Libertarian (Sane) Alternative: The Stimulus Package They Should Be Passing
"Child's Pay" - The Stimulus Package Will Destroy Our Children's Future
Health Provisions in the Stimulus Package
Criticisms of Barack Obama
10 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush

Popular posts from this blog

My 2011 Trip

Hey Patriots! Hope your New Year is off to a good start! I am multitasking my head off to prepare for a trip around the country of indefinite length and scope starting next week. I'll be headed for Colorado first where I'll investigate medical cannabis laws and their effects; then I'll be flying out to Washington DC for the month of February to attend CPAC and ISFLC; and after that I'll move north to New Hampshire to spend March hanging with members of the Free State Project and learning more about it. I'm not positive what's next after that, but I've got a general inkling, and it might involve venturing overseas to learn a little more about the broader world around us and relay everything I see to you readers here at The Humble Libertarian ! Wish me luck and keep your eye out for updates as I travel. Peace, Wes Wes Messamore , Editor in Chief, T H L Articles | Author's Page

Occupy Mordor or Destroy the Ring?

There has been mixed responses to Occupy Wall Street by libertarians. Some see the movement as a positive, while others see them as little more than lazy hipsters. But libertarians must be sensitive to why people feel the way they do about issues. The occupiers point out a legitimate concern that "the 1%" control vastly more power and wealth than "the 99%", and corporations have accumulated more power and privilege than is healthy for an open society. Some other concerns and demands are absurd, but the heart of the matter is on track. The question is why has this happened? While many on the left are quick to blame a nebulous thing called "greed", or lack of regulation, the matter is more complicated than that. This calls for a Lord of the Rings metaphor. Let's say that Sauron, the big cheese bad guy of Lord of the Rings, is the corporate hegemony. The 1%. Most people in Middle Earth agree that this is a problem, but there are a few differ...

I've Been an Outspoken Critic of Censoring Conservatives, But I'm Not Leaving Patreon Over Sargon of Akkad's Ridiculous Remarks

By: Wes Messamore The Humble Libertarian Photo: Gage Skidmore
–––As Featured On–––